Pages

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Ice Cream DIY

So it turns out, I'm not such a bummer after all.. In fact, I made ice-cream a day earlier than planned.. I found another seemingly easy 'ice-cream-in-a-blender' recipe in MyResipi.. The steps are basically just about the same, but it uses less ingredients.. There's a saying, less is more.. Or is it really? Well, we'll just have to see if that's true.. 

Ingredients:

1 cup milk (I used full cream milk)
1 cup powdered creamer
1 tbsp of honey
1 tsp of vanilla essence

Crushed graham crackers / biscuits
Crushed macadamia nuts


Steps:
  1. Combine and blend everything in a blender until it is well mixed. 2 minutes should be enough, I guess..
  2. Put the mixture in a container and freeze.. Since I'm using a blender with many mugs, I just put the lid on and keep it straight into the freezer. I'm sure people won't notice of one missing mug..
  3. After about 2 hours or so (or before it truly freezes), take it out and blend it once again, but this time a bit longer.. For a smoother textured ice-cream, you can repeat this process a number of times. That is, if you are truly rajin to wait 2 hours & blend, and wait another 2 hours & blend.. I only did it twice.. Then I went to sleep.. The second time I put in crushed biscuits and nuts.. 
  4. Freeze overnight and enjoy the next morning.. 
Note: I kinda enjoyed using the magic bullet blender.. Although not in favour of the noise it made.. But it saves me from washing few utensils, had I used the normal blender.. Gotta love that.. :)


And here is the picture of my home made ice cream in the freezer.. Sorry I don't have a proper picture of the ice cream.. I went shopping and took the mug along.. So, no picture of it sitting nicely in an ice cream cone or cup.. But hey, talk about convenience, eh? You open your freezer, take your mug of yummy ice cream, grab a spoon on your way out and off you go.. You now have something nice to eat in the car.. Haha.. Tetibe semangat buat promo tak berbayar untuk blender ni pulak..

I must say, initially I was skeptical about this recipe, cuz I've actually tried making ice cream with no machine once before, but the result wasn't as I'd hope it'd be.. And I also thought the ice cream would melt rather easily.. Surprisingly, it holds up quite well.. And the texture is also as passable as a good ice cream.. So hey, this recipe sure is a keeper.. Altho I might try to tweak it a bit, for I do have certain issues with using the coffeemate creamer.. Looking for suitable subs.. Oh well, till we meet again..

Toodles dearies!


No comments:

Post a Comment