Pages

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

:: California Mixed Salad ::

I am not really a big fan of salads.. Except for fruit salad.. Macam yang kat bawah tuu.. Hehe.. But on a trip to Singapore last year, I had the pleasure of eating a delicious salad at the Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf.. Upon returning to Malaysia however, I could not seem to find that particular salad in any of the CBTL outlets here.. Apparently, they don't serve the same salad.. :(

I could not even remember the name of the salad, so I tried to google the recipe by recalling some of the ingredients inside.. Googling blindly proved to be, err.. difficult.. Found a few that I thought was almost close, tapi malas la pulakk nak buat.. takut tak jadi, so nanti kecewa.. Bila kecewa, nanti putus harapan.. Bila putus harapan, nanti akan say no to salad forever and ever.. lepas tuh nanti badan tak cukup vitamin sebab tak makan sayur-saturan.. see, it has ripple effect.. so baik jangan buat.. haha.. alasan!

Anyway, just recently, I went to Singapore again for another trip.. Haruslah singgah CBTL kan.. The name of the salad: California Mixed Salad.. So, tulis entry cepat2 supaya tak lupa lagi.. These were the ingredients I saw inside:

Salad Leaves
Cherry Tomatoes
Cranberry @ Craisin
Sliced Almonds
Vinaigrette

I vaguely remembered that the one I had on the first trip had more variety of leafy leaves, some sprinkles of mild tasting cheese and two sticks of bread.. The one I had at the CBTL Changi airport kali nih takde pon.. Tak baik kan tipu orang? Tsk Tsk.. So how does this salad that wowed me and had me googling the net like most girls would do to look for what fashion is IN this season? See below..

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|
V

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|
V

tah hape2 nak tunjuk gambar salad pun nak buat saspen.. heh, fine, tengok je laa..





taraaa!!
CBTL California Mixed Salad @ Changi Airport.. Ingredients kurang, tapi sedap jugak..

Hahaha.. takdelah semenggah mana, kan? Tapi serius sedap o0oo.. Mum loved it too..

So, I googled the recipe (again), hunting for the vinaigrette recipe to be exact.. Some has avocado inside the salad, and some has their dressing with mayonnaise.. walhal the one I had macam tak creamy pun? Sort of like a clear, fruity vinaigrette.. I found two recipes (1 tastebook  , 2 foodnetwork) that seem almost close (according to my not so logic mind).. This recipe seems yummy too.. Will give #1 a try, kalau tiba2 datang mood rajin laa.. hehe.. (kenapa bila dah jumpa resepi tuh terus jadik pemalas?)

Toodles everyone.. Happy munching!



No comments:

Post a Comment